Friday, July 27, 2007

Overlay Crochet

I ordered Melody Macduffee's Overlay Crochet correspondence course from the CGOA (Crochet Guild of America) sometime last week, and this week the invoice showing payment arrived with the note that the instructor had been notified and that I could expect delivery in 6 to 8 weeks. All I could think was "quel(le) horreur"! Was it even possible that I would truly have to wait an additional 6 to 8 weeks after having spent much longer than that overcoming my personal inertia and finally ordering the course?

In a bit of an existential panic, I got on the computer, located a current email for Ms. MacDuffee and sent a polite (I hope) but pleading email asking her to say it wasn't so. She did and replied with a sweet email telling me that they [the course materials] were going out in "today's mail," today now being yesterday.

I was elated to get the email and ever since, I have been contemplating yarn combinations: do I use black as a background and go for a Notre Dame stained glass window color scheme, or do I do yet another piece in homage to Dunkin Donuts making use of Red Heart Super Saver brown, shocking pink, and pumpkin? Maybe I should use black, but find slightly grayer colors and draw on the box the Tivo was shipped in for inspiration. Decisions, decisions.

In any event, to anyone who might be interested in checking out overlay crochet Melody MacDuffee's work can be found at melodysarts.com and instructions for ordering her overlay crochet course can be found at crochet.com under Resources. If joining the CGOA is beyond your budget or interest, Melody also has an instruction book for overlay crochet that has been published by Kooler Design Studio and is being distributed by Leisure Arts. The ISBN is 160140888. If you plug this number into your favorite search engine, it will bring up several places for you to purchase the book .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home