Tuesday, October 04, 2005

I have other interests besides crochet, not least of which is wrinkle treatments. I don't know what it is I like about them so much. I know that part of what I like is the ritual. Not just the ritual of using the products, but the ritual of going out to buy them. The way I slip my flip-flops off at Walgreen on a miserably hot summer day and cool off while I peruse the labels of the myriad products. Or perhaps, it is finally having the house to myself and making use of whatever preparation awaits. One of my new favorites is the revita-lift mask by L'Oreal. What I like is how unapproachable I am when I have the mask on my face. It is as if it is a barrier between me and all of the things in my life that encroach on my psyche. Sort of a moat for the soul. Then there is the glycolic peel. It is so easy, but so effective. Then there are the lotions I keep in my drawer at work. I apply them to my face whenever I I need to ward off the world. I do love wrinkle cream.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home